Happy Yellow Sunshine

But I don't want readers to get the wrong idea. It ain't perky. There is no perkiness here. You want perky? Move along. (Does Hello Kitty count as perky? Because there could be Hello Kitty. But she's not perky. Just adorable.) ANYWAY. I would have gone with plain old Happy Yellow, but that was already taken. So Happy Yellow Sunshine it is. To match my coat. Yeah.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving in the Big City.

So to really mix things up, we did the Thanksgiving thing in the Big City, so as to catch the big parade show they always have. Of course it was a gynormous mob scene; the cool kids set up camp at the choice spots at 0700, which was certainly not our bag. They were calling for crap weather: rain/snow and big wind, but they called it wrong, and it ended up being a pretty pleasant day. So we parked ourselves at 39th and Broadway, on a side street, because, duh, you can't cross the parade route. Ended up with a fine, but restricted view, and saw things as they appeared from behind giant New York buildings. So we never knew what was coming.

Tommy Tune made a special guest appearance, just for me, I think, on a float, since he just got a gig as Doctor Doolitlle, or some such, which caused him to cancel his performance in DC, which we had planned to catch. So that was a treat. Yup, gaydar still inop.


Tommy Tune! Tommy Tune! He is so waving right at me! Siiiiiiiiiiigh. I love him ever so. Posted by Picasa



It's the giant Stay-Puft Super Grover! Posted by Picasa


Mmm. Sousaphones. Brings back memories of UCSB. Posted by Picasa


Oh, Oh! More Sousaphones! Hooray! Posted by Picasa


And Santa Clause goes whipping by. Dude. Must be on a tight schedule. Posted by Picasa


Look at us! Look at us! We're almost in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Note the fine hand-crafted hat. Posted by Picasa


The very best view of the parade, I'd bet. I wish I had a helicopter. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home